Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Where the Heart is



Living close by, just at what I would like to call the entry way of the Northend in Boise ID, I like to think of Hyde Park as the heart of the neighborhood given that it is such a hot spot for popular activities like mountain biking and mountain touring thanks to the spectacular trails the foothills just beyond Hyde Park. The cultured and welcoming environment deems irresistible to such enthusiast when riding or walking back through after a long ride or hike from the foothills of Boise. Often I see bikers (riding gear and all ) pull off to one of the 4 local eatery's and or pubs for a bite to eat, a cold beer or a cocktail, my personal preference is a fresh squeezed grey hound from Sun Ray on a hot summers day or I have yet to yearn for the famous cocktail during  the colder times of the year,

  however I will never pass up a Hot Buttered Rum made from scratch locally out of 13th street Pub and Grill. I think us locals are all eagerly awaiting the famous homemade hot buttered rum; not only is it served in house but it is also for sale seasonally for customers to enjoy at home. I am certain the season is more near than far, of course I will share when exactly it makes its debut in house. As for now 13th street is great place to sit and converse with friends for lunch and dinner with quite a large selection of local brews and creative cocktails to choose from in a cozy, beautiful atmosphere with a great staff willing to ensure you have a wonderful experience. Oh! I must not forget, on all game days 13th street offers a shuttle to and from the Boise State Games for free! That's pretty rad if you ask me.
As the fall season approaches us gently yet quickly I am eager to begin watching the leaves change colors lighting up and illuminating the beautiful Hyde Park Historic District, followed by ever changing seasonal activities and of course food and drink changes to better suit the season for the locals, hopefully you and I to gather around to share and enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job describing Hyde park, especially with fall coming up because it is very beautiful down there with the leaves changing, fall in general is beautiful in Boise especially looking from the top of camels back.
    I don't really go down there in the winter and with you living so close what are some things to do? Are there any special events at any of the restaurants or anything? I know you mentioned the homemade hot buttered rum which sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done an amazing job capturing Hyde Park! I love the pictures and the color schemes you have chosen. I have only lived in Boise for 2 years, and I have not had the privilege of spending much time in the North End. Your blog has definitely opened my eyes to what the North End has to offer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, you should definitely try to come down more often :) I am so grateful for living so close to everything. Try the farmers market before it goes away for the season this Saturday in downtown Boise, or join a friend for coffee or lunch in Hyde park. You will love the environment.

      Delete
  3. Karly,
    First thank you.
    I go down mostly to relax and enjoy the atmosphere with good friends or family. But there is usually a lot of live music in the summer for sure and sometimes in the winter, it is also a great place for families. You have the candy/ice cream shop and G. Wilikers toys to enjoy with the kiddos. Of course we cant forget camels back park! I will find out more, about any up coming events or activities that might be taking place any time soon.

    ReplyDelete