Monday, October 7, 2013

An inspiring path to take often.

I have to start out to say I was excited to be able to get away from my household chores/other responsibilities, for a couple of hours today with my dog Rivers up to the trails near Camels Back Park just near Hyde park.
 Rivers is a very rambunctious little dog always wanting to get out to run and play so today was especially a treat for her.  Rivers Breed you ask? Well, she is quite the mixture which includes Lab, Heeler, Yorkie and Maltese.  Rivers is about the size of a large Maltese, but has the personality of a Labrador for sure(speaking of.. she is literally telling me to take her out right now) I'm sure you dog lovers out there completely understand.
Luckily she was was quick seeing how the wind outside is quite chilling at night this time of year, which was the total opposite this afternoon on our outing today. The weather was perfect for a walk on the trails, I was able to get away with wearing a short sleeve shirt and some comfy Capri pants. Most of the many bikers and hikers seemed to agree.
The trails we embarked upon were clean and flat you can tell everyone that uses the many trails shares a mutual respect for the land of which we are all so lucky to be given for our recreational use.

Although I do have to say one of the trails we were on briefly smelt like stale water which I suppose makes sense for this time of year being that the water in the shallow creeks that runs alongside some of the trails becomes less and less quick flowing. Yet, have no worries because there were plenty of vertical trails to hike up away from the stagnant waters. Which let me tell you showcased a peaceful and beautiful view of our pleasant little towns skyline.


Besides the great views and peaceful hike, I within moments of spending time wondering up, down and around the trails became inspired!


Inspired by none other than the zooming mountain bikers tearing through the trails past Rivers and I, of course only on the permitted trails in which were shared with runners and hikers through out. I myself was surprised by the inspiration that flooded my brain, who would ever think that such a thrilling sport even cross my mind, not me until this day of course where I was able to see first hand that some of the trails were not as terrifying as I remembered.
 There were actually some pretty subtle trails through out our little excursion that looked safe yet extremely fun, especially for beginners like myself. So, what did I do the second we got to the bottom of the the trail-head entryway?  I called my boyfriend who works at Idaho Mountain Touring www.idahomountaintouring.com/‎, a very popular biking/ outdoor retail store here in downtown Boise, and asked him if he could rent me a mountain bike this weekend to do a trial run with me to see just how easy or thrilling it seemed to look, at the time I spent in the foothills above and outside of Hyde Parks historic District. He said he would take a look at the rental schedule. So until then I will stick to my mellow hikes and my leisure time in the restaurants among good company. Of course I will let you know if I get my chance at the trails on a mountain bike.

3 comments:

  1. Rachel,
    Being a Boise High grad, I can completely relate to your love of Hyde Park. I have many vivid memories there. I really enjoyed how you had pictures all through out your post, it really made the post come to life. Even more so I thought it was awesome how you incorporated Rivers into the post. Dogs are a huge part of the Hyde Park Culture and it gave the post some flavor and really helped your voice shine through!
    Great post, I look forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post! I have taken my dog to several different places to run, play and release some energy and I have not taken her here! We have a black lab and great dane mix gorgeous dog! She loves to play and we don't have to keep her on a leash so I would love to bring her here where she will not have to be tied up to us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading your post. I also really enjoyed the pictures your took of the trees and trails. It sure is a beautiful time of the years around here when fall comes! It makes me excited to get out and go here for another hike.

    ReplyDelete